Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?

Hello dear fellow students!

To be honest, I am not very good at introducing myself. I think it's always easier to talk about others than about oneself. But anyway, I'll do my best to let you know a bit about me.

My full name is Lena Ogris, which isn't a very long or extraordinary one. But if you're from Carinthia, especially from the South, you may immediately be able to tell which town I am from according to my last name. You may not find a single street here without anybody called 'Ogris' living in it. The town's name is Ferlach which I am sure you have heard about. Either because of the weapons being produced here or because of the famous school where you learn how to produce weapons (of course they also teach other things). 

So, the place where I was raised and spent the greatest part of my life in, is the one mentioned above. But the place where I was born is a rough but charming hanseatic town called Bremen in the north of Germany. My northern German roots are probably the reason why I prefer the sea to the mountains and hate skiing more than any other type of sport.

not the most beautiful side of Bremen, but I like it

I have to admit that there actually isn't any type of sport I really enjoy participating. My passion is music, as well playing it myself as listening to it. There's no better way for me to relax than playing the piano for an hour after a long day. I play the guitar too sometimes, but in my opinion there is no other instrument as multifarious as the piano. It can produce the softest as well as the most powerful sounds. 

my piano with notes by Ludovico Einaudi

I could go on and tell you about other activities I enjoy, music I like, places I've been to... But I don't want this to become long-winded. This must be enough information for you to get an idea of who I am. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: