Wednesday 18 March 2015

Who am I?


For those who don't already know, since I've been around ITAT for quite a while now already: Hey, I'm Martin, 26 years old, about 6 feet tall and 143 lbs. heavy (which I suppose is rather skinny for that height).

As a person, I'd label myself a "fun-loving dirt bag" all in all. That doesn't necessarily mean I feel particularly comfortable when not having showered for days, yet it occasionally happens when being on tour with a punk rock band. And the "fun" aspect of that definitely outweighs the hygienic one in most cases. (Hey, at least you may still brush your teeth at weigh stations and clean yourself a little with baby wipes in between shows) :)

For the majority of the day my head is filled with music. I'd see it as a universal language with little to no room for potential misinterpretation (as it might occur when two individuals engage in chatting online e.g). Even allegedly simple things such as chord progressions on the guitar could get me in a melancholic, contemplative mood, but also fuel my enthusiasm in order to face certain challenges of life. (Like focusing on university tasks) All this happens without me even hearing the lyrics, which eventually just add to the whole picture by giving the song a more distinctive meaning.

Moreover, I'd consider myself to be blessed with a very bad sense of humor (graphic, immature, but hopefully not as offending and annoying as I see it myself at times), tendencies of martyrdom and a big potty mouth. Even so, I also try to be considerate when it comes down a serious dialogue or debate, since I'm really interested in communication between people.

So please feel free to leave comments about my posts and call me on my shit. I will most definitely call you on yours too if I strongly disagree with your opinion.
I've attached some pictures from a UK tour I've participated in two weeks ago as well as a song by the amazing Ani DiFranco here in order to give an overall impression of "who I am, what I do and what I say. If you like it, let me be. If you don't, please do the same" :)

Cheers and beers! (Photo: (C) Irena Udovič from the Slovenian DIY network/record label Giljotina)


4 comments:

fn said...

Man, that nose-picking girl can really sing. Catchy tune!

I like how she moves down the sidewalk scaring people with her smile. She must be loony, they're thinking.

Unknown said...

Definitely, man :) Those were pretty much her early, more rebellious years, so to speak. I'd love to meet and engage in a philosophical conversation with her at some point. The way she expresses herself lyrically is simply amazing

Adna Kurtagic said...

Do you have any sites or links where I can listen to what your punk rock band does? :)

Unknown said...

Hey Adna! Thanks for leaving a comment :) Really appreciate your interest! I'm not in a band at the moment, but here are some sound samples of the project I sang in about two years ago. Hope you like it ;)

http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist/view_playlist/-4?page_object=artist_1446494

All the best