Friday 13 March 2015

My Colorful Life

My name is Verena Hemling and these little pots say more about me than you might think. They are filled with the vibrant colors that you can see on my hair. Often people claim that I am just in a ‘punky phase’, but my hair color is an expression of my personality. In this post, I will explain why.

Two of my favorite hobbies combined:
photography and music
I love creativity and I hate emptiness, so I dye my hair over and over again. When there is silence I need to fill it with music. Blank papers and my skin get filled with paintings. As I can’t accept boredom I’m a bit of a workaholic.  I also visit an evening school for photography and multimedia art. AND I dye my hair because I get bored of my natural hair color very often. I’m always looking forward to my ‘hair-coloring days’. I take my time for it and I really enjoy the dyeing itself. It is one of my favorite hobbies.
Colourful hair can also be very useful as I only get to know the most friendly and open-minded people. Why? Because all the superficial people that judge me only by my appearance just stay away from me. Therefore I don’t need to waste my time on them. Of course there are sometimes bad reactions when strangers see my hair, but I learned to ignore them.
At last my hair color is a clear sign of the fact that I’m not afraid to be different. That was not always the case. I have always been a shy person and when I was younger, I generally tried to go with the stream. Look at this picture. Can you believe that this was me? I’m glad that I gained enough self-confidence to wear whatever I like. And this doesn’t only relate to my appearance. I also learned to openly speak my mind, without being afraid of the reactions. I think that this is very important.

Of course there is more to know about me than what I have written here. But it is very hard to explain a character in a blogpost. So if you want to know more about me, just ask. I’m the girl with the colorful hair ;)

1 comment:

Kulla von Black Chameleon said...

He Verena,
Thanks for your words. I liked the idea to emphasize on one particular optical but personal element in order to describe a whole bundle of feelings and thoughts--tactically clever. Not only did your words make me reminiscent of my own view of life, it brought about more of your character as you yourself probably intended to show. Admitted, I would love the sentences much longer,.. and not everyone should begin with I, but that's just a matter of opinion. Those few words sufficiently define you as a strong character with opportunity. Hope your colors may find a cozy place distant from those superficial people you mentioned.