Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?

Hello! Guten Tag! Dobar Dan!

I have actually never thought about a person behind a blog I have read. Have you? Maybe because there is no possibility a simple blog post could reveal something truthful about a person, except he/she is writing it on purpose. And this, my dear reader, is exactly what I am going to do!
Too little people consider themselves important enough to write about, while it seems like posting something about food, clothes, music or travelling is more necessary. Why is that so? What could be more important than yourself? Asking myself the same thing, I got nowhere. The constant and most recurring question: Who am I? 


My name is Gabriela Penic, I am nineteen years old. My parents are both from Croatia, more precisely my mother is from Sinj and my father is from Bajagic, a small village nearby Sinj. 


Sinj


I was born and raised in Spittal, in Austria. My two elder brothers Ivan (29), Mario (23) and I, we grew up bilingual. That would explain my greeting: "Dobar dan", which, obviously, means "Hello" in Croatian.

I am a very open-minded person who loves to talk a lot (really.. A LOT). Therefore it´s easy for me to meet new people and to make new friends. Self-confident is one of the adjectives which describe me the best. I don´t consider it as a bad quality anymore, like I used to, because self-confidence is often seen equal to being conceited. I don´t really care what people may think about me anymore, as long as I like myself the way I am. A negative mind will never give you a positive life, period!


Thinking further about who I am, I tried to find things in my room which say a lot about me. Not as easy as it seems at first, because basically all of my stuff is in Graz and not at home anymore. However, one thing caught my eye: my bedroom door repleted with pictures I cut out of magazines. I guess it reflect my creative vein, which I am proud of but which is neglected at the same time. 

Additionally, music is one of my other passions. I used to play the piano and the violin since I was seven years old, but as soon as I got older my interests began to change and I stopped playing - not uncommon for kids. After all these years I definitely miss it and I absolutely regret quitting my piano lessons. That´s why I persuade myself to play every time I come back home and I really enjoy it because I am playing modern songs I like. It´s much easier to learn playing new songs nowadays, thanks to a variety of websites on the Internet, such as YouTube. 
By the way, this makes me realize I should finally manage to play through "River Flows In You" in once. If you want to relearn playing the piano like I do and you want to start with a beautiful song that comes with an easy tutorial - You will kill two birds with one stone with this one right here: 






No comments: