Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?



Well, since I made this Friday a “homework-and-blog-writing-Friday” I can finally present you my introduction post! ;)

My name is Monika (no one calls me MONI – I simply don’t like it), I am 23 years old and I have one older sister and two younger brothers. They all study at the University of Technology in Graz.  I was actually born in Bosnia and Herzegovina but I am Croatian and I’ve been living in Austria, more precisely in Carinthia, for nearly 23 years. I was born in 1992, which indicates why my family came to Austria. At this time the Yugoslav War was going on and so my parents decided to search for a better place to live, which was Austria in their opinion. Their decision proved true and so the small country in the middle of Europe became our second home country. 

I was raised bilingual and during my childhood and my education I learned German, English, later on French and at last Italian. My father always used to say that languages are “extremely important” and “the more languages you know, the better it is for you, your education and your future”. I always agreed with him on this point! However, I never quite knew what I would like to do in the future regarding work and earning money. In my last year at school I wanted to learn Russian but unfortunately there weren’t enough students interested in learning this language. So, I think at this point I finally decided to study Russian and English in Graz. 

Okay, what else is there to say about me...let me think... When I’m not in the kitchen baking cupcakes, you can usually find me sitting in my room and learning, walking over the main square searching for some cozy pubs (having one or maybe two drinks ;) ) or being at home and watching One Piece with my brother. Damn! I nearly forgot to mention that I love metal music, especially ManOwar!!! :))

Tony Tony Chopper - character in the anime One Piece


Like many of you, I like travelling to different places too and every time I visit a new city, I buy a key chain which has the name of the city on it. Most of them are from Italy as you can see on the picture below. This summer however, I want to travel to Prague, visit the most beautiful sights and try some Czech beer. 

I hope there will be more soon :)


I hope you enjoyed reading! :)

Btw, this is my personal blog, if you want to have a look. I will try to post on a regular basis: http://smonin.blogspot.co.at/
 


No comments: