Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?



 That’s a tough question to ask!
I am Gandini: I am a little bit crazy, creative (at least I hope so), sociable and, sometimes, hard piece of work. I am active and lazy, and I often fall asleep when I am going out.

The name Gandini sounds Italian, doesn’t it? Sorry to disappoint you,  but I am “only” Austrian and my real name is Barbara. After school I moved to Italy to study International Communications and Advertising, and since then the nickname stuck with me. Since 1 ½ year I am back to Graz again and studying at the Transcultural Communication Department and I am also enrolled in a Master’s degree named “Global Studies”.


 
I love experiencing new cities and countries, and I love living somewhere else even more than travelling. If you are travelling you just get a glimpse on the culture, but if you live somewhere you dive into it! That’s probably the reason why living in Italy wasn’t enough, and I did an Erasmus semester in Izmir, Turkey, too.




 

Once you get to know me better, you’ll notice I have many quirks. For example: I hate to take decisions. Instead, I toss a coin or ask my Magic 8 Ball so fate can tell me what to do. It’s not that I really believe in fate, it’s just that sometimes it’s easier to realize what you really want by singling out one’s options. Actually, I decided like this to move to Italy: I tossed a coin, it told me to stay but I was so unhappy, I just knew I have to go anyway. (I told my mum about that last year – it almost gave her a heart attack!). 



What more is there to tell about me? I love to “waste” a lot of time chatting away with my friends, flat mates and people I just met. I am easily enthusiastic about new projects, so my schedule is always exploding. That’s probably why I am always dazing away when I am going out. If it ever happens while I am in a pub with you, please don’t take it personally! : ) In contrast to that, I sometimes just want to lie around in bed eating pizza and watching stupid series for days (btw, my favourite is My Name is Earl).

 
If you’re wondering what I do in my free time, I can’t really give you an answer. Most of the time I am just so swamped with my everyday life, I don’t have any time to take up hobbies right now. In Italy, however, I used to participate in a cross cultural theatre workshop named “Human Beings”. This kind of acting immediately put a spell on me and I would love to join a workshop here in Graz too! So if you happen to know a similar workshop, tell me please!



Well, that's enough about me. Let’s read your blogs!

No comments: