Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?

Hello everyone!


My name is Catherine and I am actually French. I came here to Graz as an Erasmus student for two semesters so I will normally stay here until the beginning of July! Why did I choose Austria? Well, I wanted to go to a German-speaking country in order to improve my German (not an easy language!), and since I am interested in translation, ITAT seemed to be a good option for me. An other thing that is maybe particular about me is that I was born in France indeed but my parents are actually from Poland so I had the chance to grow up in a bilingual environment. Thanks to this fact, I have probably developed my taste for foreign languages and my curiosity to discover new cultures.


Polish traditional costumes
the French stereotype

Apart from this general information I would like to tell you a bit more about myself. I love travelling. I really do! Actually I have been travelling quite a lot since I arrived in Austria! Graz is really a great location to travel from as it is surrounded by so many different and attractive countries! So I travelled at first around Austria and then I expanded my excursions to foreign countries such as Slovenia, Germany, Italy or also Czech Republic. But many countries still remain on my wish list! In fact I am already planning other trips during the Easter holiday to Croatia and Hungary as well as other places in Italy and in Slovenia! I am really looking forward to it! Yes, I am a travel addict ;) And of course, since I love travelling so much, I am always taking my camera with me to make hundreds of photos and to then have memories for my whole life! :) Here are some pictures I took during my numerous trips, enjoy!

The Golden Gate in San Francisco, USA

Yosemite Park, USA


Sunrise in Wuhan, China

The Wudang Mountains, China

Barcelona, Spain

Venice, Italy



1 comment:

Kulla von Black Chameleon said...

Hello Catherine,
I really enjoyed your photographs. Stil, they're more a reference to the thousand places you've already visited than to you as an open-minded student. I think blogging would be a great opportunity to get rid of all these annoying stereotypes. :)
Enjoy Austria,.. and don't forget to take pictures of the clocktower.

Michael