Wednesday 18 March 2015

Who am I?


Hello beautiful stranger. My name is Diana Sabrina Anastasia Bachler, but you may call me Diana. For about half a year I have been following this pulchritudinous path that is called translation studies in Graz and have set foot on earth almost 20 years ago. My family lives in the North of Styria, on the countryside, but I tend to refer to that place as "country-countryside", or "nowhere", or simply "hick town". Still I find it incredibly charming and love being there.

A view over the place that I call my home.
There are several activities that I like to practise during my spare time. In winter I pass most of my days on the slopes, as skiing is my favourite kind of sports. In fact I wanted to become a professional, but two severe injuries right at the time of application for skiing school wouldn't allow me to and still limit me a little in my physical activities. Nevertheless I do take part in races here and there and exercise throughout the whole year.  

Apart from skiing, I'm an enthusiast for motorsports. When I was just a tiny, fair haired toddler, my parents would already bring me to DTM, Superbike or MotoGP races and I've loved it ever since. Unfortunately I'm too old and unexperienced by now to take up a career in racing, but at least my dad and I sometimes take part in semi-professional Go Kart races. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

I try to live healthily. I work out four times a week at the gym, play volleyball and tennis whenever there is time, but then again there are nachos and pizza and well... Deliciousness!

One of the things that everyone reading this needs to know is to better not insult Meryl Streep in my presence. You probably shouldn't tell me that you like her either because I might incessantly talk to you about her if so. She has been my idol for almost ten years, and I love her not only for her great humour and immense talent, but also because she has this overwhelming presence not only on screen.

My car in Umbria, Italy
How else could it be that traveling is as well one of the things I like to spend my time with most, but it's still too little for my taste. 

The two islands Lanzarote, part of the Canary Islands, and Gozo, Malta's neighbour island somehow grew to become second homes for me, since my parents and I regularly go there. Of course it's even better to explore new places, but coming back after a few years and looking at how everything has changed is nice as well. 



My love, Budapest
One of the many places I've lost my heart at is Budapest, since this city has something so charming and it makes you feel that each time you go there, you take in too little of it because it's that beautiful.

 


 

No comments: