Monday 30 March 2015

The time is now - Let's get creative

The time is now - Let's get creative



Finding a food related topic that is interesting for people to read could be a real challenge. My first idea was trying a new recipe, taking some adequate pictures and commenting on the process, which would have probably been sort of banal. I realized I had to play with my creativity. So I thought „Why not combine these two ideas in order to get unique and impressive results?“ As I have always been crazy about trying out various creative ways of preparing and decorating food, I decided to share it with those who are eagerly interested in reading this blogpost. Each idea is linked to a short story of my life, so you may also get an even better picture of who I am.


The first idea is called „sliced baked potatoes“ which I first tried for mothers day, as my sister and i were preparing dinner for our family. It’s important to take bigger potatoes, because it makes the whole process a lot easier. Before cutting them, you peel (which is optional) and cook them as you would normally do when making for example mashed potatoes. Let them cool for a couple of minutes while you prepare the cheese slices. You can choose whatever kind of cheese you like, it is completely up to you. Remember that you do NOT want to slice them the whole way through, just approximately half way through. Try to insert the cheese carefully, as cooked potatoes are very soft. The only thing you can do wrong is that your slicing technique is not so good at the beginning, which is why my first attempt failed. But it’s not that hard to get the hang out of it. Put them in the oven for a few minutes and voilà - your perfect side dish is ready. Additionally you can put sour cream and some herbs on it to give it even more flavor. It’s really easy to make and it tastes absolutely delicious!



When thinking back to your 18th birthday, I’m pretty sure, most of us wanted a big party with lots of guests and, of course, a lot of alcohol. I remember being very excited about my birthday and wanting to have some special drinks for my guests. It was important to me that the drink (I decided to make a cocktail) not only looks gorgeous but also tastes delicious. The „Blue Hawaii Cocktail“ was exactly what I was looking for. I’m not going to explain how to prepare such mouth-watering cocktails, as everyone has his own special taste. All you need is white vodka, rum, pineapple juice along with some pineapple chunks and the secret ingredient blue curaçao. The reason I chose this cocktail is because it’s not bitter at all and you don’t taste the alcohol as intense as you do the pineapple juice. Additionally you could also put some whipped cream on top, which is another delicate way of preparing it.




Last summer my little brother celebrated his fifth birthday. What would you have prepared as a special sweet treat? I came across a really nice idea for children which could be done in 10 minutes - Chocolate cups. Basically I just melted some dark and white chocolate and blew up a couple of small balloons. The next step is to just take one of these balloons and dip it into the melted chocolate and then let it dry. After the chocolate sets, take a tooth pick and pop the balloon, so you can peel it of and have a perfectly small chocolate cup. To make it even more interesting, each cup was filled with either some ice-cream or various kinds of sweets for the children. As you can imagine, the kids were crazy about it.








How cute are these? My last idea would be perfect for those of you, who are still thinking about little treats for Easter. They are so easy to make and I guarantee you that people are going to love them. I just used small balls of dough for dinner rolls and snipped them to make the ears and I used a toothpick to poke into the dough in order to make the little eyes. Just put them into the oven and let them bake. I think I'll try them again this year on Easter Sunday. 





I have to admit, these are not my pictures - But I did try all of these and yes, I did photograph them, but all my photos were on my laptop, which broke down about two months ago. I lost every computer file, every picture and every song I had on my laptop, because the disk was defective. At least I learned to save every file on an external hard disk drive.

2 comments:

Hanko said...

Those are really awesome ideas! I like how you combined each idea with one of your stories. I especially like those chocolate cups. And I’ll definitely try those potatoes sometime:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for you feedback :) It's nice to know that someone is actually reading the stuff I write :P Yeah, you should definitely try one of these !