Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?



Hey guys!

Who am I? This is actually a really good question and I think that it is impossible to answer it with just one text, but I am going to do my best.

So, let’s start.

First of all, my name is Tabitha and, although my name is unusual and sounds foreign, I am 100% Austrian. (If someone is interested in the meaning of my name click HERE) I was born and grew up in Leoben, which is a small city, not far from Graz. I am 19 years old and currently studying English and Russian in Graz. (Surprise, surprise…^^)

I used to be pretty shy, but now I am much more open, active and also curious, which is probably because of my stay in Moldova. Yet, although I was calm and quiet, I’ve always enjoyed learning new languages and getting to know other cultures.
 
After high school I decided  to spend some time abroad and went to Moldova. I’ve spent 5 months living there, doing volunteer work at a missions organization. I did stuff like distributing food packages, working with teenagers or helping at day camps for children, and I seriously can’t stop talking about those 5 months. It was the hardest, yet most exciting time in my life. I’ve seen things I had never imagined seeing. Good and bad things. Those 5 months are also the reason why I chose to study Russian, as it is the second official language in Moldova. 

Bad thing: The toilet
Good thing: The landscape
                                                                                                                         


Besides loving to travel and to get to know people, like almost everyone here at the ITAT, I am also very animal-loving. I am especially fond of cats. People joke about me that I’d be able to spot every cat in the vicinity of 10 meters and, considering the way I sometimes behave, they might even be right. :)


 
I also really like doing sports that are uncommon… at least for girls. When I was a child my dad, who was a kickboxing coach once, prompted me to start kickboxing and ever since I seem to have taken a liking in “rough” sports. I played rugby and I also tried out Taekwondo at the USI. Although I liked it, it just didn’t feel like the right sport for me, so I think about going back to kickboxing.

Oh, and I also really love to mime. Not like you might think, but like a real mime. I am not really good at it, but I like doing it, because I feel like a completely different person, when I wear the white "mask". 





 Well, I hope you got to know me at least a little bit. If you want to know more about me, feel free to approach me and just ask. :)
I am neither poisonous, nor do I bite people :D

No comments: