Tuesday 31 March 2015

Dukan Diet: Yay or nay?

Summer is just around the corner. Most of the people are happy, but I know that more than a half of them are having the exact same problem as I do and that is weight! I personally do not really do diets and am not a big fan of them. But every summer I have the “tradition” of an ultimate diet where I challenge myself, just because at the end of the day I want to feel happy and love myself for who I am and my looks as well. So, if you are having the same “problem” as I do, I hope this post will help you. Finding a diet that is good, efficient, and fast but not that harmful for you is very hard. Not everyone is the same. And not every diet means starving to death and not eating at all. I personally, always wanted to see the results as fast as possible and I wanted to eat! After trying a lot of them, I finally found the one that’s best for me. Researching, reading different blogs and forums, getting as many information as I could was really frustrating and the diet itself was not really described the easiest way. So for all of you, who want to kind of “detoxicate” your body, feel good, lose weight fast, Dukan diet is the answer!

Dukan diet consists of 4 different phases: attack phase, cruise phase, consolidation phase and stabilization phase. I would describe the Attack phase as the hardest one. Why? Because it is what you start with. If you decide to go through this diet you will have to stay positive and just try to “survive” the first phase. Within few days you will see the results, trust me! As the name itself says, the attack phase is where you stop eating what you have been eating before, and start eating ONLY PROTEINS! You can basically eat as much as you want, as long as you are eating proteins. All kinds of meat, fish, eggs, low fat yoghurt, low fat cheese and oat brans. If you search the internet you will definitely find a whole list of things you are allowed to eat in the first phase, but I personally ate these and they helped! Attack phase lasts from 2 to 7 days. You will lose 1kg or more per day, so if you want to lose 10kg you will have to do the attack phase for 10 days, but everything that is more than that, you will need to consult your doctor, and I personally would not recommend it. Doing any activity in this phase will help you lose weight faster. You do not need to run a marathon, walking is an activity too! After you have started losing weight, you will get more motivated and will not want to stop. After that you can move to phase number 2! You have probably heard about the “boomerang effect” where all the weight you lost comes back. That is why, in the Dukan diet you have this phase which prevents you from it. You will have to be aware of the fact that at this phase you are not going to lose weight as quickly as in the attack phase. You will be allowed to eat vegetables such as artichokes, broccoli, cucumber, mushrooms, onion, peppers, pumpkin, spinach and tomatoes. Oat brans are allowed too. You will basically need to eat only vegetables, plus one day you can allow yourself vegetables plus proteins. In the second phase, you will lose weight almost every week, and this phase will last as long as you do not get to your real weight. Consolidation phase, or the third phase, is the time where you are at your most vulnerable. Your body and mind have been through a lot. That is why you need to stay focused and positive! In this phase you will start eating fruit (every day) and what is most important in case you want to maintain your true weight is Protein Thursday. Physical activity is again very important! In this phase you will also have up to two “celebration” meals per week, allowing you to eat whatever you like. Isn’t that great? And finally, when you are done with this hard process of reaching your goals, you will get to the final phase, the stabilization phase. That is pretty much the rest of your life (in case you want to and can keep up with the process that you have been through), where you basically eat everything from the menus you made separately through the first three phases. I personally, was never able to maintain the weight that I have lost during the diet for the rest of my life but I got what I wanted: THE PERFECT SUMMER LOOK!

So, in case you were having the same taught as I did go ahead and try it! It will not be easy, but if you are as stubborn as I am or if you are that kind of person who has to make everything that is in their heads come true, do not hesitate and give it a shot! For all of you willing to try it, I will write you down what I ate during the attack phase and I will try to make it easier for you so that you do not have to search the internet and waist time (as I did). Let’s do this!

For breakfast, I used to eat oat brans with low fat yoghurt as soon as I woke up. It is also important that throughout the whole process and phases you drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day! After that little bowl of oat brans, when I feel like I am getting hungry, but it is still not lunch time, I usually made hard boiled eggs with again oat bran muffins aside. In case you want to make them you will need oat brans (as much as you want), low fat yoghurt, one egg, salt and voila! Bake it for about 10-15 min in preheated oven. If you want a more “harder” breakfast you can make omelet with any kind of low fat bacon. Remember, proteins only!

For lunch and all you salmon lovers here is a simple way to make it fat free. You need to get fresh salmon, sprinkle it with salt, pepper and lemon juice. I always like to put some lemon underneath it so that it has some extra juice and taste. I also like to put it on baking paper, and I like to preheat the oven before. You will know when it’s done, but it usually takes 20-25 minutes (sometimes less, depending on how big the salmon is).






For dinner, you can make chicken filet sprinkled with again salt, pepper and rosemary. You can use lemon as well. You will need a little bit of olive oil for the chicken and again, you will bake in the oven. Avoid frying things!

And that is about it. You will see the results if eating things that are allowed. My breakfasts always looked the same, but for lunch and dinner, you can change the meat that you are eating and try to be creative as much as you can. If you decide to try it out, let me know the results!






No comments: