Thursday 12 March 2015

Who am I?

 
“Do you know where Magdalena is?” 90% of the time the pitch is the right answer, as I spent hours on the grass I call heaven. Now you may ask yourself which pitch I am talking about. Well, have a look at the video and you will probably know.
 
 


This is me, scoring my first goal after six years of practice, sweat and tears. As you can tell from my celebration, I was relieved, extremely happy and proud at the same time. Defenders don’t get on the scoring sheet that often so I had two reasons to be overwhelmed. Whenever I put on my soccer boots and start playing I escape to my own comfort zone, where I can forget all my problems and focus on the one thing I really love and admire. The moment when you score a goal or hit an incredible cross

 my soccer girls, trainer and myself
is hard to describe.  It’s priceless to be exact. To my parent’s sorrow I am not only an active soccer player, I also enjoy sports on the passive side, sitting in front of the TV or at the stadium and cheering for my favourite teams. Admittedly, I might even get too passionate about a game sometimes and become an emotional wreck if my team loses. I am usually not good at showing my emotions at all. However, when it comes to soccer my personality does a “180”. It wouldn’t be a surprise if you see me on TV, standing in the SK Rapid Wien sector (Oops, now I have revealed my love for Rapid, which is a bad idea if you live in Graz :P ), screaming all the different fan chants and crying because of a horrible defeat or an unforgettable win.

 
As some of you may now, I spent a year in Stockholm were I attended a sports gymnasium. In countless practice sessions I had the opportunity to play along Sweden’s best upcoming hopefuls. Since then some of them have already become members of the national women’s soccer team which is really impressive.

But now enough with the rambling about soccer since it is not the only sport I am interested in. When I was younger my number one spare time activity was golf. I know some of you think that golf is something for snobs and elder people but this is just a stereotype. You can have so much fun on the fairway and believe it or not it is really hard to do an OK shot. After two years of holing, the racket got smaller. I decided to try something new and started to play table tennis in a professional team. There, I sustained for three more years and even played the Styrian masters. And every now and then I climb up some walls in my favourite climbing gyms.
 
Well, after this brief description you may have noticed that my life mainly revolves around sports, which is why in the future I want to convent this passion into an actual job as a sports journalist. Travelling around the world and writing about the one thing I love and admire would be heaven on earth to me. There is still a long way to go but hopefully one day you can read an article written by me about Real Madrid’s win in one of the most popular newspapers.

No comments: