Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?

Hey, guys!

My name is Thomas. As of now a few of you may know me, I guess most of you don’t, but I bet that at least you’ve noticed me at the Department of Translation since I usually stick out a mile, literally. I grew up in a quite remote part of Hitzendorf, about 20 minutes from Graz and still live there with my parents and my sister. That means I have to commute between home and university but I don’t mind because I can’t imagine living in a city for longer than a couple of months. The landscape, the animals, my pets, the quiet, not for all in the world would I swap living on a farm, with living in a city.



Despite my appearance I’m rather introverted and not very talkative. In case you end up having small talk with me and wonder why I’m so quiet, don’t worry that I’m not interested, it’s just that I’m more of a listener than a talker.


For this reason I’m not going tell you much but the most interesting and outstanding passion of mine - patisserie. Since I was a child I’ve always helped my mom with the cooking and I especially loved baking. Over the last few years however I tried to hone my skills even more and be keen to experiment with new ingredients and new flavors. Due to the extravaganza of the desserts I usually spend hours in the kitchen. My motto is “no risk, no reward” so the outcome is not necessarily delicate but at least I want it to look as good as in the magazines. As far as presentation is concerned I’m pretty much a perfectionist. Seeing photos of my desserts one could easily think that I cook in a careful, systematic way, yet no one knows that the moment I enter the kitchen there is utter chaos.

lemon meringue tart
basil panna cotta with marinated strawberries


iced honey blueberry charlotte
papaya parfait with caramelized coconut-popcorn

Now that I’ve whetted your appetite, it’s time to say goodbye. Have a nice evening ;-)

No comments: