Tuesday 17 March 2015

Who am I?

Hey guys! Some of you might already know me from my individual blog called ‘the life of Selin’ but for all of you who don’t know me by now: continue reading this blogpost if you’re interested!
Well first of all, my name is Selin Canli. As my surname indicates, I’m not 100% Austrian. My mother had a colleague who wanted to travel to Turkey to meet her penfriend and my mum joined her. There she met the brother of her colleague’s penfriend and he became my father later. The colleague of my mum married her penfriend and is now my aunt. Quite funny isn’t it?



But now I’ll tell you more about myself. Today I turned 19 and I live near Wr. Neustadt in Lower Austria. I have an elder brother and an elder sister. People who don’t know me would probably describe me as shy but when they get to know me better they soon find out that I’m a very humorous person and that I’m obsessed with singing. I took singing lessons for some years and had some gigs but due to university I had to quit. Down below there is a video of me performing Wings by Birdy. This was the first time I accompanied myself on the piano.

Beside making music I also love listening to music and so I often go to concerts and festivals. For instance I’ve been to Nova Rock and Frequency and saw bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, A day to Remember, Kiss, Iron Maiden and many more. If you want to find out even more about me feel free to walk over and have a chat with me at the Wall. 


4 comments:

Pia Fie Madeline said...

beautifully played and sung :) post more singing videos, pleeease :D

Unknown said...

great voice! and judging from the concerts you've been to you have great taste in music :)

Unknown said...

I have a soft spot for Birdy due to her cover of "Skinny Love" and her collaboration with "Mumford and Sons". Nicely done :)

Yasemin C. said...

Wow, you're really talented! Keep up the good work!