Saturday 28 March 2015

I speak and sign food ...










Hi everybody, 
                       
with this blog post I would like to show you how a recipe recommendation looks like in Austrian sign language. I uploaded a video where I signed a typical Tyrolean recipe called "Zochane Kiachln mit Sauerkraut". It is a simple meal we cook on holidays like for harvest festival. It is made out of yeast dough that gets formed round, thin in the middle and thicker on the edge, and then it gets deep fried in oil or fat. We eat it hearty with sauerkraut or sweet with jam and powdered sugar. In my video I describe in Austrian sign language how I cooked it together with my dad for Christmas. To make it clear for you all I laid the spoken English translation over the video. If anyone wants to try it out I wrote the ingredients list below!!


Ingredients (for 8 Kiachln)
·         300 g four
·         150 ml warm milk
·         15 g yeast
·         1 tablespoon sugar
·         20 ml oil
·         3 eggs
·         1 pinch of salt
·         Fat to fry


I hope you all enjoyed the different way of get cooking advice.
Wish you Happy Easter!

Bye everybody ;)


No comments: