Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?

Imagine the following situation: A couple of friends sitting in someone’s living room, watching the soccer World Cup finals. Mario Götze scores the decisive goal, so Germany is world champion. But there’s only one guy in the group, who’s happy with the result. In fact it’s me, Justus, a 20-year old guy.



My full name is Justus Johannes Antonius, which may assume that I’m not a hundred percent pure-blooded Austrian. My father is originally from Germany, born in a little village named Glandorf which is located near Münster. From an early age I used to spend a lot of time there. My grandparents speak a specific mixture of German and Dutch, in plain terms Plattdeutsch. Therefore I know some Dutch phrases. However, I was born and raised in Austria. Well these few facts could be a legitimation for being fond of the German national team and of course the country itself.




My second and even bigger passion is doing cycling trips with my best friend Erik. We have known each other for... well let’s say more than 20 years. We proudly can boast ourselves with 4 trips. Year by year we managed to increase our track length about 125 miles per trip. Certainly we camp in the wild, otherwise the thrill would be gone. The most recent one brought us to the Atlantic coast of France. It took us 11 days to master 815 miles. As you can imagine, we were not always as patient and companionable as expected. I’m the kind of person, who has to keep moving forward and has to get her daily amount of miles. If we miss an important junction, it’s of course Erik’s fault because he’s our “map-guy”. From his point of view it’s the reverse way, which is simply ridiculous. All in all we usually have a good time. Besides my love for cycling, I also do a lot of other sports in my leisure time such as athletics, playing soccer etc.






When it’s time to escape the everyday stress, I just lie down in my bed, pick my earphones (and my phone) and listen to audiobooks. They get me out of reality and take me somewhere far, far away.     I generally enjoy listening to Steven King novels. When it’s late at night and you can’t get any sleep, don’t worry, Mr. King keeps you awake.



So, I think that’s quite enough. For further information, feel free to ask. Moin!

No comments: