Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?


Hey guys!

Who am I?

Personally, I think it is very difficult to explain my personality and life story in just one text.

Sardinia, Italy
However, let’s start from the beginning. My name is Sabrina. I am 20 years old and I study Italian, Russian and English as I want to work as an interpreter after graduation.

The easiest way to describe myself is probably through my zodiac sign, as I would consider myself a very stereotypical Aries. I am quick-tempered, impulsive, impatient, open-minded, energetic and determined; and I talk all the time and too much - my boyfriend calls me his biggest challenge :D.

I have been passionate about languages and other cultures ever since I can remember, so the question about what to study after school wasn’t very difficult to answer. That’s why almost three years ago I decided to study Italian and Russian and I’m about to finish my bachelor degree this year - by the way, it was the best decision ever: I fell in love with these languages more than I have ever expected and I would like to speak them both all day :)). Last semester I thought it’d be fun to add English to my studies. Long story cut short – you will probably see me at the ITAT all the time, as the decision to study three languages turned the institute into my „second home“ ;).

Kiev, Ukraine
However, although there is only little time left for leisure activities, there are other things which I am passionate about. I love travelling – I am blaming my father for turning me into a wanna-see-everything kind of person: during my childhood we visited a lot of countries all over the world; amongst others also 14 US-states. So one could probably say that my sister and I were “taught” to be interested in every kind of “hardcore-sightseeing” ;). In addition to that I love drawing and reading and do pole dance. When I was younger I also used to write and participate in competitions, but ever since I started university and due to a lack of time I express my writing „only“ by writing stories in the foreign languages I study. 

Preikestolen, Norway
I am very interested in politics and could easily discuss what is going on in the word and why for hours - especially, I am interested in the War in Ukraine and in Russia, as I have a lot of friends in the Ukraine and in Russia. I get angry when people talk about things they do not understand or know quite fast. This being said, it obviously doesn’t mean that I understand and know everything – to be honest I think quite the opposite is the case. I got to know so much different point of views, that I became aware of the fact that nobody can know anything exactly. This often raises questions which I tend to think about quite a lot, like: To what extent are we able to know what is actually happening or has happened? Which statements and “facts” that we hear about are actually the truth? Is there, in general, something like “a” truth? Is there more than one truth? And if not, does this mean that there’s only one truth which leads to many twisted imitations of it? As I spent a semester abroad in Russia last year I was able to experience and get to know a completely different ideology and a different view of historical events of the past (and present). It was an interesting experience for me to see things from another point of view and it particularly changed me in one specific aspect: I think more precisely about everything and try to shed light on different aspects and point of views. Truth be told, I wish more people would do that. Who has the right to judge on whether something is wrong or right? Exactly – nobody! As you might guess, I obviously still have my own political opinion – and to be perfectly honest it’s a quite strong one – which makes it difficult to have a discussion with me ;) Even so, I usually think twice before saying anything and know when to pursue an argument but also when to listen and consider other opinions as well.
So this is it – this is basically everything that came to my mind for now. I hope you enjoyed reading and I am looking forward to hearing about your stories as well.


No comments: