Tuesday 31 March 2015

You say heaven, I say chocolate.. or Schokolade?

Hello dear readers, students, teachers... Hello, Hello.

This week's blog post topic "Do you speak food?" glided me into the rivers of a specific and special substance. A substance that makes your heart leap for deep and endless joy. This joy is called TAM TAMMM... chocolate/ Schokolade.



My year abroad in Albuquerque was an enrichment to mind,soul and heart in many ways. It opened my eyes to a lot of matters. One of these were that chocolate and Schokolade are not the same thing at all. I am not saying that one tastes better than the other, but they sure taste very differently.

So what are some typical American chocolate sensations?

1) Hershey products
Hershey's Bar aka "The Great American Chocolate Bar"

Not a fan I must say. It tastes like eating 90% sugar with a teeny tiny pinch of cocoa.


                                       
Reese's... Amen.

Easy mathematics I would say: Peanut butter + Chocolate = BOOOOMMWAAO Explosion of taste nerves. The only sad thing about this chocolate is, that I can not find it anywhere in Germany nor Austria. There are all these 100% American Chocolate Chip Chup Chop Cookies, but where the heck are they hiding the good old Reese's? Where?




Kitkat

Kitkat in America tastes intensely unlike the European version of its "twin". The American version produced by Hershey and the European version produced by the Swiss company Nestlé use different kinds of ingredients and proportions for their KitKat product. The sugar, cocoa and fat proportions are not alike, as well as the country from which the cocoa beans are delivered. In my opinion, Nestlé's Kitkat tastes creamier and a lot better. But everybody has their own taste and preferences. 

                                           Kit Kat 

 2) Mars products
Snickers, Mars, Bounty etc.

Hello, Hello. These chocolate products are always warmly welcomed in my sweet home. Without them it would not be as sweet. When I was thirteen I only loved the Mars bars, with fifteen I started obsessing about Bounty, now I can not help myself with Snickers. Globalization has its sweet sides to it.

                                    http://glutenfreetraveller.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/HealthyLiving_image.jpeg 
 And guess what, you're not you when you're hungry.

 
Love this commercial! ... and Liza Minnelli of course :D


Now moving on to the typical German Schokoladen sensations...


1) Milka

Milka is a must. With its main production in Germany, Lörrach, I count it as a German chocolate. 
So let us have some Milka talk...If you are an explorer kind of type, then you can go on exploring Milka's flavors until death do you two part. For the ones who love it fruity and with more vitamins take the one mixed with strawberries, raspberries, bananas, oranges etc. For the ones who love it classy take the original whole milk or bittersweet one. You like Oreo's? Well, you will adore Milka Oreo.

 

  
If I ever find you, purple-white cow, I will stand by your side for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad.

Milka awakens the romantic side in everyone....








2) Ritter Sport
 
Three words eight letters (+1) Yum Yum Yum. Ritter Sport chocolate tastes amazing! Caramel, Nut, Flakes, White+Crisp, Espresso, Grapes+Nuts, White+Nuts, Half-bitter, Rum+Grapes+Nuts, Marzipan, Strawberry+Yogurt, Nougat, Peppermint, Noisette and so on and so forth. I won't go on... Too much eroticism in one post. 

  
                           

                               

:D Can't wait for these to come:




À la finnnnn....

Chocolate and Schokolade, two different taste sensations, which both should be experienced. In my experience, a lot of my German friends went crazy over Reese's (me included), and my friends from America went luuunnatic over Milka, Kinderschokolade and especially Kinder Überraschungseier (which I now found out are illegal in America...Opps). If you ever spend a semester in America and want to have lots of back massages, take some Schokolade from home and start dealing. My back was never more relaxed than back in 'Merica.


Thank you for your attention and you are very welcome for the eye canddyyy.

2 comments:

Monika said...

The cupcake store "Take the cake" in the Münzgrabenstrasse sells american sweets and I think I saw Reese's too, but they're on vacation now :)

Vivi Pe said...

Whaat thank you Monika!!! Will check it out after break :)