Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?



Who am I?


My name is Yasemin, I was born in Salzburg, I am 26 years old and currently living in Graz. I’m going to be honest with you – I am a person who gets distracted very easily, plus I have never written a blog post before in my entire life. So, before I sat down to write this article, I said to myself, “Chill, you got this! First check out some blog posts and interesting articles on how to write blog posts, maybe watch a video about it on YouTube and then just finish it!” Unfortunately, that didn’t work out. What I actually wound up doing was watching (and singing along to) the intros of several 90s cartoons, such as Darkwing Duck, Tailspin, and studying how they were dubbed into different languages. Mission failed. But at least now I can assure you that the intro to One Piece sounds awesome in German.



As you can already guess, I’m really into languages. I love travelling and exploring different countries and if I was insanely rich, that’d be all I’d be doing for the rest of my life – learning new things and helping people. I know that that may sound cliché, but it’s the truth. In fact I already spent three semesters in Russia! I love building things with my own two hands – I built together all the furniture I have in my apartment. I painted the walls of my room in Salzburg and also tried installing the hardwood floors, but I was kind of bad at it, so my dad made up a reason why I shouldn’t help him out anymore.


 

In my spare time I enjoy reading books, watching TV shows and all sorts of movies. I’m a big fan of Sci-Fi and fantasy movies. I also like playing video games, for example, Bioshock 2 & Infinite, Borderlands 1 & 2, Baldur's Gate 2, Command and Conquer: Red Alert, Hearthstone, Pokémon, etc. I love science and science-related documentaries. I guess that I’m what people would refer to as a “nerd”, but apparently being a nerd is cool nowadays, so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice.


I also do a lot of sports, even though my figure doesn’t show. I play football at least once a week and I go swimming, hiking and running. Soon I’m going to learn how to shoot a bow and arrow at the USI (Universitätssportinstitut). I’m really looking forward to that. Well, since time is precious, I’m going to stop right here. I hope you enjoyed reading my very first blog – and if not, here’s a video for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbrUNuWGxGQ

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fancy a game of co-op Borderlands at some point in time? :) Plus I really like that you're into all those 90s cartoon shows! We should make it a habit raising our morale (and that of our fellow classmates) by humming/singing these tunes on the top our lungs before exams, haha :D

By the way: What's Tailspin in German? Don't think I've seen that one yet

See you in class, matey :)

Yasemin C. said...

Thanks,but I'm actually a horrible singer :D Judging from her video though, Selin is a great artist! You should team up with her!
Tailspin is called "Captain Balu und seine tollkühne Crew" in German.
See ya! :)