Thursday 12 March 2015

Who am I?

I would like to start with two questions, people often ask when they meet me. The most common question: “Is this your real name or a nickname?” People often ask this, because my name is Sissy. My parents named me after an Austrian empress, whose nickname was Sissi. The second question I get (mostly by strangers!): “When kissing, isn’t this disturbing or painful?” When people say this, they are referring to my labret ‘spike’, which you can see in this picture. The answer to the first question: No, this is not a nickname my name truly is Sissy. The other answer: No, it is neither painful nor disturbing and I have not hurt anyone with my piercing.

When I was younger, I discovered my love for Finland and its language. Because of this, I decided to study Finnish language and culture in Vienna. During my studies in Vienna, I spent one year in Finland as an exchange student. I enjoyed my stay so much, that I feel like I have left a piece of my heart in this fascinating and beautiful Nordic country. Tampere, the city I stayed in, has become the place I try to visit at least once a year. 
 
view from Viikinsaari, Tampere

Another thing I really love is going to concerts. I love the atmosphere at concerts, and by concerts, I do not mean these bands/singers using playback to impress their fans. Bands/singers, who perform live, often impress me with their energy on stage and the emotions they put in their songs. I think that some even sound much better live than on their records. I am not so much into Mainstream, Pop or Techno. My favorite genres are Rock, Metal and some music from the 80’s. 

a few tickets of my 'collection'

If you would like to know more about me, feel free to ask!

No comments: