Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?

Hello everyone, my name's Evi. 

Some of you may know me already, but some of you don't. So who am I? 
Born and raised in Italy, I decided to come to Graz for my studies, which I did a year and a half ago. My real name is Evi. Yes, really it's no abbreviation. Not the most typical Italian name, actually not the most typical name at all. Despite being Italian, my mother tongue is German. This is due to living in the north of Italy, in South Tyrol. It used to be a part of Austria not even 100 years ago. But as I am here to tell you something about me and not about the history of my country, let's go on. My father was born in Germany and my mother in Italy. I haven't got any siblings, but two cats called Trixi and Indie. I've got Austrian, German, Italian and Hungarian roots. Even my surname is Hungarian, but unfortunately no one was ever willing to teach me the language.

The view from the old flat in Tyrol


Trixi loves to sleep on my shoulders
Alex and I in Maribor
When I was 17, I was a year abroad, as an Exchange student and it was probably one of my best times so far. I stayed in Bournemouth (UK) with the most awesome host family one could wish for. After that year, I had to come back to Italy to finish school. I spent a year in Innsbruck with my best friend  Alex and in September 2013 I finally moved to Graz.  When I came here, I joined the Red Cross and I'm doing night shifts almost every Saturday night. Since a few months, before the night shifts I am also working in a shop during the day. It's quite a busy weekend, but it's really fun.



Yes, I do love languages, but I think or hope every one of you does so; otherwise we would be quite wrong at the ITAT. Most of my leisure time I spend with my friends doing all kinds of activities. I like painting a lot, but since I am in Graz I almost never find the time to do so. Normally I'm a rather extrovert person, still I can be really calm and thoughtful at times. I enjoy the little things in life. A gobsmacking sunset, the mountains, a good laugh, that's pure heart-balm. Also I'll probably never say no to a glass of wine,

especially not if I can enjoy it with friends or family while admiring the landscape. I always try to involve some dolcevita in my life, as I truly believe that otherwise you get depressed. Cooking with friends, having delicious, mouth-watering food and a drink, feeling sunbeams on your face, just enjoying these little things, embracing the moments, laughing a lot, these things will make you a happier person. At least that's what makes my friends and me happy, balanced people. 

Hiking


I also do love to travel, but who doesn't? So at the moment I'm saving my money to go to Japan within the next few years. I will go with a friend and we would like to stay there about at least a month. We still don't know when we will go, but our goal is to have the money together before we are both 26. 

Now you know a little more about me, I hope you enjoyed it. 

No comments: