Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?

Hi, guys!

My name is Magdalena, but most people just call me Magda. I grew up in a rather small place near Klagenfurt, where my mom owns an inn. Shorty after I was born and my dad turned his parents’ attic into our apartment, she decided that taking over my grandmother’s inn was the perfect thing to do. She could work, but could still be by my side in a matter of minutes. So naturally, I spend quite sometime in the inn as well. I would play with some of the guests or wait on them – as good as you can as a four-year-old.

Since I didn’t only grow up in a house constantly full of people but a huge part of my family only lives a ten-minute walk away, I love being surrounded by people.  It’s something I appreciate about living in a student residence: You almost always can find somebody to play or cook with or just sit down and talk to. Unfortunately, I won’t have that privilege much longer since I’m about to move into my very own flat.

Inspiration for my own flat

On my weekends home I’m usually busy with meeting all of my family members, trying to get all my laundry done and often also helping out in the inn. That’s also when I stop reading for a few days. Terry Pratchett, who unfortunately passed away yesterday, was one of my favourite authors alongside Neil Gaiman and Oscar Wilde and I’m still on Mission: Finish Discwold series.

Ride in a gondola-Summer 2014

I’m not going to bore you by writing about how much I love traveling or languages. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t study TKK.  I'm not even going to write about Venice, which is my favourite city. I hope you still got to know me a bit better. Have a nice weekend!
Magdalena

No comments: