Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?






Actually, that’s a good question. The last few days I was intensely thinking about how to describe myself because it is really hard to squeeze your whole life and you as person into a blog post. My name is Monika, I’m 23 years old and I’m born in Carinthia where I grew up bilingually like the most of my study mates whose surnames end with an “-ić“. As my parents come from Croatia we spent every summer holidays there until I became 16 and got my first holiday job in Austria. I miss those good old days from my childhood. Still, I didn't manage to find out where I really belong. To requote a sentence from the book “Balkanizer” from Danko Rabrenović
„I’m the happiest while sitting in the plane travelling between Germany and Serbia - doesn’t matter in what direction.” 
I’d recommend this book to everyone who is in a similar situation as me – having the feeling to belong everywhere and nowhere at the same time and I know there are a lot of people out there.

Apart from that I love baking (as you’re going to find out soon), travelling - who doesn’t if there is enough time /money - and good music. There isn’t any specific music I listen to but I don’t much like jazz. When I’m in a bad mood I mostly listen to Croatian music because there is something special about this music I can’t really explain that cheers me up. 
Here’s one example =)
Recently I started organizing my cousins wedding and it’s quite an honour that people trust you so much and ask you to organize one of their most important days in their lives. I’m going to tell you in a following post what I’ve reached so far, as I have to create the corsages, the invitation cards and the whole decoration of the restaurant.
In addition to studying, baking, travelling and organizing someone’s wedding, I have a part-time job as a telephonist. I like the job because it is often really amusing. I like my colleagues, my boss and I it takes me only about 15 minutes by bus to get there. Working with people is something I really enjoy but of course there are sometimes those people who are mess with my head more than they should.
Another thing I feel passionate about is drawing and painting. A lot of my family members are creative in some way but my cousin and I like the drawing and painting part. I feel that her pictures are much better than mine but here are two pictures – so feel free to make your own opinion and maybe let me know what you think about it. The picture with the elephants is one of mine and the one with the deer is one of my cousins paintings.

At this point I want to finish my post. If you liked it let me know, if you didn’t like the post let me also know or if you just want to know something more in detail, feel free to leave me a comment. I’m looking forward to hear from you and getting to know all of you guys better.


I wish you a nice evening...

2 comments:

Kulla von Black Chameleon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kulla von Black Chameleon said...

Salut Monika,
I liked your introduction post, basically because of its legible style. The sentences are not too short, there is no complicated structure that would break the rhythm, and there's no hedging. Concerning the picture content: The elephant painting has something heart-warming in it. If I drew my elephants that way, I'd probably also get a better job. I still marvel at artists who can hold their brushes without shaking. In fact, I doubt that I'll ever present a comparable sunrise if I don't practice much. See you in class