Sunday 29 March 2015

Cupcakes

Hey guys,

We will be having an Easter brunch tomorrow and since I love to bake my friends asked me to prepare some cupcakes, cookies or whatever came to my mind. That is the reason why I immediately thought of combining baking with writing our requested blog post. I stumbled upon this recipe, which is usually written for mini gugelhupfs, when I searched for another one last week and want to share it with you now.


Let's get started.

Ingredients:

70g grated carrots
2 medium eggs
130g powdered sugar (I recommend to use less)
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 teapoon milled cinnamon
1 tablespoon rum
Zest of ½ lemon
35g flour
70g milled hazelnuts





Directions:



1. Preheat oven to 210°C.
2. Mix flour, cinnamon and hazelnuts. 




3. Separte eggs. Beat egg white until stiff.






4. Mix egg yolks, rum, lemon zest, powdered
    sugar, vanilla sugar and blend with
    flour mixture. 











5. Add grated carrots and stir until
    well mixed. 





6. Carefully fold in beaten egg white. 







7. Put paper cups into muffin baking tin.





8. Put teaspoons of dough evenly into
    cups (muffins don't rise very much) and
    bake for about 10min.




9. Let cool down and decorate the way
    you want to.





The topping I made is beaten egg white blended with extra fine sugar and a little bit of green food colouring.

One further point: to have these cupcakes according to a vegan lifestyle, substitute the eggs for two to three tablespoons of apple puree. This combines perfectly with the carrots and results in the adequate texture of the dough too.

Have fun preparing!

No comments: