Thursday 12 March 2015

Who am I?

Hi y’all!

Sarcasm Is An Art. If It Was A Science, I'd Have My P.H.D.„So, tell me a little about yourself! “ How many times have you heard that one before? Do you like that question? I don’t even know where to start when someone asks me, so I don’t like that one in particular. It is always like „Do you want me to start at the beginning or do you want to hear the polished version? “ There are really a lot of things I am interested in. These are just a couple of important ones to be able to get a picture of who I am.

I could write about all the great places that I visited and about this and that course I participated in. You see, the reality is I haven’t visited any exciting places nor have I ever had the chance to take part in a course or, say, a play. Not that I wasn’t interested in it, on the contrary I would have loved to take piano lessons or visit Disneyworld. So ever since I was a kid I had to spice up my life my own way. Due to having a lot of siblings it was never boring at home. My big brothers and I have always been the comedians in our family – everything was and is inspiration to make a joke out of. This was when I developed my interests in mimicking accents and voices as well as imitating people and re-enacting scenes. My main goal was to make people laugh. Coming from a tough environment this was the only way to bring joy into the lives of my siblings and me. Sometimes it was more on the sarcastic side - but hey - a little bit of everything makes the dish better, doesn’t it? 
                          




However, making jokes and people laugh was not what I was doing for the past two decades. I have always been the happiest when I could borrow a new book from the library, because that was when I really parted with the reality and it relaxed me. Not only am I a bookworm, but also I like to write stories and years ago I had started to write a book which I will hopefully finish one day. The thing with me is I am constantly on the edge and like to get something done immediately otherwise I feel anxious. 






I guess until now you may have noticed that I like to express myself creatively and through various forms of arts. While I lived in Zagreb, Croatia, I attended the School of Applied Arts and Design to become a textile designer. Through this school I learned a lot about art itself as well as what results from a brush, some tempera and the right applied techniques. Now this is where makeup joins the party. During my schooling I fell in love with the art of makeup – the art of simply prettifying someone’s face in order to make their natural assets more noticeable. Makeup is one of my biggest passions. Except that, pretty much everything from the artistic circles draws my interest. There’s painting, singing, music itself, decorating or refurbishing old pieces of furniture etc.


You know, there is a lot more than I could possibly squeeze into this blog post but it would be really too long. I am going to stop at this point and encourage you to walk up to me and get to know me better. Maybe a lot of us actually share some interests and if so I would at least like to know who you are. 
I’ll see you around, Bye! :)

No comments: