Tuesday 31 March 2015

Amsterdam Food Diary

Hi guys!

How are you? Hope you had such a nice start into your easter holidays as I did - I was at Amsterdam with Larissa and just came back today :) For this reason we both decided to do a food diary for our "I speak food" blogpost.

As we left on Thursday afternoon and just arrived Friday in the morning, our first real food (except cereal bars and buns we had taken with us^^) was lunch on Friday:

Friday, March 27




As my roommates were in Amsterdam just some months ago they told me
about fries stands being typical in Amsterdam. But even if we knew we didn't expect to see soooo many in just one single street! So we decided to eat fries with ketchup for our first lunch :)







As it was very cold in the evening and we were almost starving we just went into the first restaurant that looked nice - which was an Italian restaurant. There I ate one of my favourite foods: Spaghetti pomodoro :)



Saturday, March 28

On Saturday we had breakfast at our hostel. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo, so I'll just describe what I ate :D As it was a buffet you could choose from various things: ham, eggs, cheese, jam - almost everything was there. I ate two slices of bread with jam and a bun with butter. I also had a cappuccino and some orange juice :)




As we weren't that hungry we decided to just buy some snacks at a supermarket for lunch. I had a tomato mozzarella wrap which tasted really nice!








Not really having eaten a lot for the whole day we were really looking forward to our typical Dutch dinner we had planned. So we went to a small cafe which was said to serve typical Dutch food in our guidebook. As we already were in a Dutch restaurant I thought I had to eat something typical Dutch: Pea soup. It is not a soup as we would define a soup, it's more like a hotpot, with mashed peas and meat in it. It didn't really look that tasty, but actually it tasted better than it looked :D It's definitely not gonna be my favourite food but it's okay^^ I also ate a mixed salad and drank some sparkling ice tea (which I haven't ever seen in Austria up to now).



Sunday, March 29

We had breakfast at our hostel again (although it was a different hostel as there were no two beds available in the other hostel for that night^^). I had a slice of bread with jam, one just with butter and a cappuccino again.








As we already did the days before we just had a snack for lunch and went out for dinner. We bought a Focaccia with tomatoes and basil on it in a supermarket and ate it immediately as it just tasted so good :D







For dinner we went to an Italian restaurant again as the two of us simply love Italian food. I had a Pizza Margherita and a cup of tea because it was freezing cold :D





Monday, March 30

Again we had breakfast at our hostel - I ate almost the same as on Sunday, so I didn't take a picture^^




As it was really cold we just had to grab some coffee at Starbucks :D I just had a simple Cappuccino - so nothing really to talk about.










As it was our last day in Amsterdam I thought it would be nice to eat some fries again, this time with garlic sauce though :)








Our train back home left at 4:30 pm and we arrived at Graz the next day at 1 pm, so we bought a lot of snacks to eat on the train. As it wasn't enough we had to buy something in Vienna at the train station again :D

Thanks for stopping by! wish you all nice easter holidays :)
Lena


No comments: