Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?


Hello everybody!
 
Today I want to tell you all a little bit more about myself. Some of you know me already but for those who don’t, keep reading. ;)
 



My name is Sandra and I am 21 years old. I am from a small town called Saalfelden in Salzburg. The area around this town is known for its skiing resorts and tourism. It’s such a beautiful place and I’m glad that I had the privilege to grow up there.  The all so famous Sound of Music was even filmed near where I live!

 
 
 
I used to be really athletic and did all kinds of sports such gymnastics, volleyball and football when I was younger. For four years I went to a winter sports school, where we trained about 13 hours a week and participated in cross-country skiing and biathlon competitions. I still enjoy cross-country skiing, but I am only doing it for fun now.

 
One of my passions is travelling. I love being in new places and discovering what they have to offer. This is why I chose to go abroad for a year after high school. I worked as an au pair in Bristol, England and I have to say that being away from my friends and family for that long was really hard sometimes, but it makes you appreciate the people you love so much more. I travelled a lot during that time and made friends with people from all over the world. It was a great experience!
Me and my best friends from Bristol
 
A random door in Bristol I really liked :P

Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland
 
I enjoy getting to know different cultures and learning languages, but I guess pretty much everyone studying at the ITAT does. In my spare time I mostly hang out with my friends and family or I spend the day with my head buried in a good book. At the moment I’m on the lookout for a new exciting hobby, so if you have any suggestions, leave a comment! J

I hope you all know me a little better now and I am looking forward to reading your posts!

No comments: