Friday 13 March 2015

Hello, everyone!

Hey there! 
Before I start to publish several blog posts about my interests and about what is going on in my life, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jasna and I am 20 years old. I am sure that the most of you haven’t heard about this name before. It is a Slovenian name and it fits for me, since I grew up bilingual in Carinthia in Ludmannsdorf/Bilčovs. At home we are speaking Slovene but most of our surrounding is German-speaking. That means the majority of the people in Carinthia speak German, the TV is mostly German, the documents are mostly German and so on. But the Slovene language isn’t dying out yet, because we are all eager to keep our mother tongue alive. At least my family and friends, because unfortunately there are some people who aren’t that open-minded and strongly decline the Slovene language.
Back to my name. When I meet other people who don’t know the name “Jasna” they almost always understand it wrong. Sometimes this can be annoying, but mostly I take it with humor :) Once the dialogue at a party sounded like that: “What’s your name?”, “Jasna.”, “Jasma?”, “No, with an ‘N’”, “What, Jasman?” :D You see? That kind of situation is always very amusing. Anyway, I like my name and wouldn’t change it.
To tell you something else about me, my hobbies are:
  • learning languages (mostly English, German and Slovene. In the past I also learned Italian for five years and Russian for two years.)
  • drawing (I draw to forget the troubles of everyday life and to bring my visions to paper. Usually I continue drawing until I am satisfied with the result.)
  • travelling (Up to now I was already in Berlin, Hamburg, Rome, Brighton, London, Barcelona, Bratislava, Budapest, Macedonia, Croatia and several other places in Austria, Slovenia and Italy. I am already looking forward to fly to a different continent as soon as possible.)
  • reading (The next English book I would like to read is ‘Gone Girl’ from Gillian Flynn. My expectations of this book are really high and afterwards I will also watch the movie. Of course in English and maybe I will also post a blog about it. ;))
  • sports (jogging, roller skating, Hip Hop)
  • doing handicrafts
  • watching movies and series
  • and of course, relaxing
I hope this text gave you an impression of me. Below are some pictures which relate to the text. If you have the same hobbies like me, ever heard my name or simply have something you want to tell me, feel free to comment. Have a nice evening. – J

Ludmannsdorf / Bilčovs



on our way to the Seven Sisters (Sussex)
Barcelona
Bratislava at night
handicraft - mosaic picture frame



No comments: