Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?


"Please allow me to introduce myself
 I'm a man of wealth and taste"

Call me crazy but this song got stuck in my head ever since I heard that we have to write an introduction post. But now that I think about it, it is probably not a good idea to start a text about myself with a song called “Sympathy For The Devil”..

Ok, can we reset please?!

Hi guys! My name is Simone, but everybody calls me Simi, so feel free to do the same – I never really identified with my real name anyway. I am 20 years old and I was born and raised as the last of four children, in the middle of Carinthia’s countryside. Sound idyllic, right? But boy, let me tell you, idyllic can be SO boring! Luckily my parents were always endeavored to show us kids as many places around the globe, as they possibly could.

So, I guess the first thing I can tell you about myself is that I am infected with wanderlust. I really love to travel and I know many of you share that hobby. My last journey took me to Tanzania, where I taught at an elementary school for nine months. It was an eventful, unpredictable and incredibly formative experience.



Besides exploring our mad world, I am crazy passionate about any kind of art. Whenever I need to relax and escape from my currently very stressful life, I start to draw… or edit a video… or decorating and rearranging my room – pretty much anything that lets me be creative.
To me artistry is a great way to unwind and relax. It allows me to gather new energy and recharge my batteries. Others meditate – I start painting my walls.



Now in order to let out all the energy I am gaining while tapping on my creative vein, I introduced something quite contrasting into my life. Boxing has been my go-to sport ever since I was 15. It gives me the perfect opportunity to vent and burn off all my energy. I know some people think, that this sport is all about aggression, brutality and mercilessness, but to me it combines strategy, accuracy and subtlety with a lot of exercise and hard training.




So there you go, these are my three great passions (minus rock music, because I don’t want to bore you with a paragraph full of cheesy love declarations for AC/DC and the Ramones) and I think, those say an awful lot about me.

To be honest, I don't really know who I am jet. But I am figuring it out, every day :) I guess at the bottom line I am just boringly normal..

At the bottom line, I am just a goofy, chaotic fool who makes a lot of really bad jokes and screams at her TV during Ice Hockey matches…   

2 comments:

Kulla von Black Chameleon said...

Hello girl,

I cherish such creations.
I only read four other introduction posts but yours is definitely the best so far. The beginning is clever and slightly humorous, and the flow of the sentences and the selection of a few descriptive words keeps the composition interesting and very legible. It motivates to consciously read on. Your writing pretty much reflects your shown drawing and in that way outlines your developed sense for the small things. That's why it's a bit surprising that you're into boxing. I always considered boxing, well,.. an entertaining, but only little inspiring kind of fight sport,.. and I wouldn't describe it as something subtle: As a hobby-judoka I have had my own experience with a comparable hobby and as such I wonder that athletes who use almost nothing but their fists don't want to bring to battle the rest of what they could actually involve. The only remarkable advantage of boxing--in comparison to judo--is that your training partners can't permanently stigmatize you with their feet or color your balls.
Whatever, I felt invigorated by your post. As a sign of appreciation I'd allow you to punch my skull, 'though that wouldn't solve a problem.

Hope to read more of you
See you in class
Michael

simi said...

Hey Michael,

Thank you! It is always great to know that people actually read these blog posts and I really appreciate you voicing your opinion.
As for the boxing – I can totally see where you are coming from! It is a shame, but I don’t know anything about judo (except that it looks pretty darn cool in action). What I can say though, is that my fascination for boxing concerns not only the fight itself, but also its technique and training. It taught me to be precise and anticipatory. The way you work your feet when you aim a jab or try to escape one, for example, has to be spot-on – the ambition to groove those actions and the great combination of weight, stamina and parkour training have aroused my passion for this (I admit) very particular hobby ;)

Thanks again for commenting on this post!

See you soon,
Simi

Btw, I would NEVER dare to punch the skull of a judoka!! You guys know some nasty moves!