Tuesday 31 March 2015

French Pizza (or “Tarte flambée“) – An Alsatian cooking experience by Shishi

When I fly to Paris, I usually make a stop in Vienna, crash by an old friend of mine called Leni and enjoy the city for a couple of days. We always cook together but this time, as she had to work on her bachelor thesis, I decided to kill two birds with one stone preparing a little motivating something for her and her flatmate and improving my English food vocabulary. I chose to make a “Tarte flambée” (only takes a few minutes ^^) and I tried to translate a recipe my grandmother once told me about.   

Ingredients (for 1 very hungry person or 2 people)

Dough:
~    250 g Flour
-          1 packet dry yeast
-          1 pinch of sugar
-          1 teaspoon of salt
-          Water

Topping:
~    2 cups of crème fraîche 
-          Salt
-          Pepper
-          Nutmeg (optional)

-          Grated cheese (optional)
-          Spinach (or bear's garlic)
-          Feta
-          Cherry tomatoes (or red and green pepper)
-     Actually everything you're in the mood for ;)

Preparation
-       Mix all the dough’s ingredients in a bowl and knead until obtaining a uniform ball. Let the ball rise at a hot spot approx. 20 - 30 min.
-          After this time, roll it very thin and place it on a backing sheet lined with parchment paper.
-          Season the crème fraîche with salt, pepper and nutmeg and coat the dough with the mixture.
-          Spread the grated cheese, the sliced tomatoes, the feta and the spinach on the dough.
-          Bake for around 10/12 minutes in the preheated oven 220-250°C at hot air.


And..... That's the result!! :)


It's quite easy to prepare it, so I hope you'll try it once. Enjoy!!!


No comments: