Thursday 12 March 2015

Who am I?


Hi you all! I am really looking forward to read through the posts and find out interesting things about your personality. But, who am I? Good question! My name is Laura Beatrice Theuermann, I’m nineteen years old. My friends often call me “walking quotation” because I love to read and often short passages of a text simply get stuck in my head. Of course, they are not staying there; every time I write a letter, postcard, small note for my roommate or similar there is going to be a quotation found on it. Therefor I decided to describe myself by using the following one:

The sky gave us three things against the troubles of life: the hope, the sleep and the laughter! (Immanuel Kant)
I hope to soon find time to play theatre again. I used to play in a theatre group since the age of twelve until I left high-school but haven’t had any time to find a new one yet.





I sleep well at night because I know my family and friends love me. I grew up with two siblings, one of my grandmothers living next door and my uncle and aunt living two houses next to ours. As you can imagine family is an important part of my life. I’m a very social person, who likes being around others, so my friends could be seen as my second family. Spending time with them in Austria is as important to me as travelling with them.


 
I laugh a lot. I’m a positive person who thinks the best of people rather than the worst, so I believe in the idea of a world that smiles back at you if you walk through it with a smile on your face. Anyway, I’m a realist. I know my life isn’t a walk on sunshine every day, but there is something Sam says to Frodo in The Lord of the Rings (three of my favourite books) that is absolutely true to me:
 
There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.                                                                              
(The Two Towers; The Lord of the Rings)
--> my siblings and me (I am the oldest, but, as you can see, the smallest one)
 

I’d also like to know a little bit more of you guys. I’m sure I won’t make it through all the posts, but I’m always open for coffee. J (Note for you: If you meet me the first time I may appear a little quiet to you, but this is because I like to listen to people first, to try to figure out what kind of person they are and then start telling them stories about me.)

No comments: