Friday 13 March 2015

Who am I?




WHO AM I?




Hey guys :) 


My name is Tanja and I am 22 years old. I am from Graz and I’ve been living here my whole life. However, I would like to go and live some time abroad after finishing university. I love visiting foreign countries and getting to know different cultures. I’ve already been to many places like México, London, New York and Cuba, just to name a few. 











Before starting with “Transcultural Communication” I’ve been studying Archaeology for more than 3 years by now because I've been into the ancient Greek and Roman culture since my childhood. However, after getting some experience in field work I found out that becoming an Archaeologist was not what I wanted for my future. That’s why decided to change subject and do something I really like and what in my opinion I am quite good at: culture and languages. Since I’ve been having English lessons since 3rd form of elementary school and also did one English and a few Spanish language courses at “treffpunkt sprachen” before I even started with “TKK” the choice of English and Spanish as my languages wasn’t a hard one. Furthermore I am a huge fan of London and Great Britain overall and highly interested in South and Central American cultures (not only their current but also the culture of the ancient Mayas, Aztecs and Incas) which made this decision even easier. 





Besides travelling and languages my biggest hobby ever is dancing. Not that type of dancing which you usually do in clubs and discos, I’m talking about ballroom dancing (like ChaChaCha, Waltz, Jive, Tango and so on). I’ve been attending a dancing school for more than 6 years and go dancing about 3 times a week. I’m in the highest course of my dancing school now and although I’ve already learned a lot and really want to continue dancing, participating in tournaments is no option for me. On the one hand I would probably lose my passion for it due to the hard conditions of training and the rival atmosphere at competitions and on the other hand I just don’t have the time for intensive training 5 to 6 times a week.





  My favourite dance, however, is Salsa :)

 
 

No comments: