Wednesday 8 April 2015

Strawberry Dream

Hi,

Do you like smoothies as much as I do? If the answer is yes, then you'll love the following easy recipe. Today I want to share a strawberry smoothie recipe with you. This smoothie isn't only delicious, but also healthy. The ingredients I used are for two to three people.





Ingredients:
three cups of almond milk (750ml)
two handfuls of strawberries
three teaspoons of chia seeds

Instructions: 
- Put the ingredients into a blender and blend everything until smooth.
- If necessary, add more almond milk to get your desired consistency.
- Optionally, you can also add two tablespoons of soy yoghurt.


I hope you like the quick and easy recipe.

Bye for now,

Nicole





4 comments:

Yasemin C. said...

Hi! A friend of mine told me that smoothies taste really delicious with oat milk too. Do you have any experience with oat milk-smoothies? And if so - what tastes better - the oat milk version or the almond milk one?

sincerelynicole said...

Hi, Yasemin!
I have tried oat milk before and in my opinion it tastes good. However, I have never tried an oat milk smoothie. I would say it depends on what you like more, the taste of nuts or oats. I prefer almond milk. Other than that, I would rather make an oat milk smoothie out of bananas than strawberries. Another possible option is coconut milk - you can also get it from Alpro. :-)

Michi Kulla said...

He fellows,

First of all, thanks for the recipe. On the surface it looks like a moon landscape with the color of the rising sun behind the city mist.

It's literally high time to challenge my blender again (in order to create some smoothies;).
I think none of the ingredients mentioned are mandatory. Rice or soy would also do it,.. Depends on what you're after. Soy milk combines best taste and percentage of proteins; rice [label: veggie] on the other hand is low in fat (unfortunately almost no proteins too)...

What I actually miss is the sugar in your recipes?

See you

sincerelynicole said...

Hi!

This recipe is just a tip, which ingredients I like to combine, in order to create a tasty but also healthy smoothie. You can, of course, use another milk substitute as well. :-)

I think this recipe doesn't need additional sugar because fruits, in this case strawberries, are high in fructose and almond milk is sweetened as well. I personally like to reduce the amount of sugar I consume whenever I have the chance to do so. ;-)
But if you miss sugar in this recipe, I'd recommend going for stevia or brown sugar.

Greets