Tuesday 28 April 2015

Carpaccio

Since I’ve never been a star cook I had a hard time finding something for this blog post. After a little bit of brainstorming and deciding what I wanted for dinner, I came up with one my favorite meals, the Italian "Carpaccio". You can order this meal in almost every “Buschenschank” in Austria and I really feel like it’s a typical Austrian meal, even though it originally originates from Italia. I think it’s the pumpkin seed oil that gives it that extra notch.


Ingredients:


  • 125 g filled of beef 
  • leaf lettuce
  •  1 onion

     Pumpkin seed oil

o   1 – 2 table spoon of pumpkin seed oil
o   50 g pumpkin seeds
o   Juice of half a lemon
o   1 table spoon of cider vinegar
o   1/2 garlic clove
o   Salt & Pepper

You also need a saran wrap.

Preparations:

  1. You first need to spice the filled with Salt and pepper and wrap into the saran wrap, afterwards you put it into the freezer, you could also do this step on the day before.  This way it is easier to cut it in slices.
  2. Clean and wash the leaf lettuce and carefully drain it.
  3. Peel the garlic clove and mix it with pumpkin seeds, pumpkin seed oil, lemon juice, cide vinegar, salt and pepper in a food processor, but not too much!
  4. Unwrap the filled and cut it in very thin slices.
  5. Cover a plate with the leaf lettuce and the chopped onion, afterwards spread the slices of the filled on it, drizzle the pumpkin seed oil pesto over it.

You are good to go! The best fit for it is a dark bread. I hope some of you try it out and enjoy it. :)

Here's a picture of what I managed to create:

No comments: