Wednesday 1 April 2015

Italian Carpaccio

Since I’ve never stood in the kitchen (to cook anything) at all. I didn’t know what to post for the “I speak food” blog post. Then after a little bit of brainstorming I came to the conclusion that I’m going to introduce you to one of my most favorite meals, the “Carpaccio”. You can order this meal in almost every “Buschenschank” in Austria and I really feel like it’s typical Austrian, even though it originally comes from Italia. I think it’s the pumpkin seed oil that gives it that extra notch.

Ingredients:

  • 125 g filled of beef
  • leaf lettuce

·         Pumpkin seed oil

  • 1 - 2 table spoon of pumpkin seed oil
  • 50 g pumpkin seeds
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • 1 table spoon of cide vinegar
  • 1/2 of a garlic clover
  • Salt & Pepper

Preparations

  1. You first need to spice the filled with Salt and pepper and wrap it in clear film, afterwards you put it into the freezer, you could also do this step on the day before.  This way it is easier to cut it slices.
  2. Clean and wash the leaf lettuce and carefully drain it.
  3. Peel the garlic clove and mix it with pumpkin seeds, pumpkin seed oil, lemon juice, cide vinegar, salt and pepper in a food processor, but not too much!
  4. Unwrap the filled and cut it in very thin slices.
  5. Cover a plate with the leaf lettuce and the radishes and spread the slices of the filled on it, drizzle the pumpkin seed oil pesto over it.
You are good to go! The best fit for it is a typical farmhouse bread.

I hope at least some of you try it out and enjoy it ! J

1 comment:

Michi Kulla said...

Salut Max,

I think it would be more orderly if you put the ingredients with numbers first [on your list].

Other than that: *comma*, filleT, spoonS of pumpkin seed oil, cideR, clove, pepper small, salt small, IN slices

Since you mentioned that you NEVER stood in the kitchen I doubt that I'll follow your advice. Let me know if you find other mistakes I don't perceive in my writings.

See you